In just under one week's time, the Buffalo chapter of Social Media Club will be hosting a panel discussion featuring local food bloggers, restaurant reviewers, and food business owners who have found success using social media. Here's the scoop:
- Christa Seychew: Food editor at Buffalo Spree, producer of Nickel City Chef series, and overall expert on local Buffalo food scene, which you can verify on her own site.
- Donnie Burtless: Creator of BuffaloEats, one of the area's premier restaurant review websites.
- Beth Manos Brickey: Creator of Tasty-Yummies, a popular blog featuring mouth-watering recipes and beautiful food photography.
- Deborah Clark: Owner of Delish Cooking School and Pastry shop, and advocate for social media.
Two of our local food trucks, The Whole Hog and Roaming Buffalo, will be there to start serving tasty bits at 6pm and the panel discussion, moderated by yours truly, will start at 6:30pm. Get your tickets at BuffaloFoodies.EventBrite.com. You can also participate in the panel in advance by posing questions on Twitter using the hashtag #BUFfoodies.
You can get the full-sized flyer as a PDF and hang it around your office or on your fridge. Since the food photos are mine, I've already done that.
If you are a regular reader of my blog, you might recall my article from early January "Why All the Food Photos?" (also available at evolt.org) where I discuss how social media and food seem to have found a natural bond. This event will help bear out some of my assertions and give you a chance to hear it from the sources themselves.
For more details:
- Eventbrite page (to buy tickets);
- Facebook event page;
- Social Media Club Buffalo events page;
- Social Media Club Buffalo press release;
- Buffalo Rising article "Buffalo Foodie Panel: Food and The Web."
- "Buffalo web foodies" as covered by Buffalo.com.
If you just happen to be curious about those lovely food photos in the flyer, I can tell you that the first image is from a local restaurant, the second image is from my own kitchen, and the third image is from a recent visit to Florence, Italy.